Monday, April 23, 2007

The go generation

I’m always interested in technologies and where they are going. I remember when laptops where getting just as powerful as desktops. People where dropping their desktops in favor for laptops. I remember when people started dropping their landlines for cell phones. Because cell phones went down in price and the quality and reception dramatically improved. So my question is what are we going to move to next? Obviously people thought that we would replace our laptops for handheld devices but we realized that, that these devices where just simply too small to work on effectively for some tasks. Maybe the answer is a new portable device by Intel. Maybe the future is in these new smart phone devices. Maybe the answer is the iPhone. There’s no doubt that if UMPC’s ever become affordable, they will claim a large part of the laptop market. So what’s next?

No comments: