Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Cable TV and Personal stuff....

Well I did get my laptop Monday but it wont charge so I sent it back today, so that has been keeping me busy, plus I have a few major tests coming up so I'm not sure if any Daycasts will get out this week. In any case I've wrote a short blog entry on cable TV for ya..
Giving up cable for good. With so many online video providers what’s the need for cable? I’m going to examine a few alternatives and how they stack up to the big cable company. So you have no doubt heard of the stories of people giving up there cable television in favor of Youtube. I can see why Youtube has so many videos to offer. With a wide selection of interesting videos ranging from stupid comedy to cosmic theory podcasts. There’s also a bunch of copyright stuff on there that’s still available to watch. Now when you talk about the legality of copyright material you can get into dangerous waters so I’m going to talk about my personal experience with it. Copy Right material on video streaming sites is being taken down rather quickly on some video sharing sites, at the request of the network. I don’t see an issue with streaming video, that can be a great way to market a show and let viewers watch re-runs whenever they want. But you do run into a few issues when you download the video, then it is technically your property that I can see networks having an issue with. So if you listen to the cast you have probably heard me talking about Joost. Joost just doesn’t kill cable at the moment. It just doesn’t have the same amount of content, or the same quality. So if you ask me stay with your current cable provider unless you do not watch TV much.

No comments: